Why volunteer with us?
- Gain hands on experience at a large scale event that attracts participants from over 60 countries!
- Get a Toronto Marathon event shirt.
- Earn community service hours for high school/college requirements.
- Bring your co-workers. A great way to give back to your community.
- Great for your resume and networking!
We have various opportunities available from May 3rd, 2024 - May 5th, 2024 at Kit pick-up to Race Day.
Only register once. Please do not register multiple times or you may be removed from our system.
Please click the Volunteer Description button above to learn more about the positions available.
If you have a group from 5 to 50, please email us at the address below.
Contact us at: Volunteer@torontomarathon.com
Please take the time to read this information thoroughly.
1. Waiver: All volunteers must complete our online application and agree to the waiver.
2. Position: We cannot guarantee that you will be placed in the position you requested. We hope that you can be flexible, as you may be assigned to an area where you're most needed.
3. Personal Belongings: It is your responsibility to keep your valuables safe. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
4. Volunteer Shirt: A shirt, hat or safety vest will be provided to you when you check in. It must be worn during your shift for identification.
5. Dress: Check the weather. Since Toronto is known for having four seasons in a day; it’s recommended that you check before your shift and dress appropriately. Remember that the event goes rain or shine and our participants are depending on you.
6. Please be on Time: Scheduled shifts work around road closures and race times and being late will interrupt the event, and could jeopardize participant safety. Volunteering is a job, and our participants depend on you being there.
7. Age Requirement: We recommend those under 14 come with a parent or guardian. Those between 14-16 should come with a friend.
8. Vaccination: We recommend volunteers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. And follow Provincial, and City of Toronto public health guidelines.
9. Have Fun! Your smiles are what creates the perfect environment for the participants. Great customer service is what we strive for.